Re: [nv-l] SNMP v2c

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP v2c
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:20:22 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:34:30 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

NetView for UNIX can receive SNMP V2 traps.  It has since Version 4.1.2.    Currently NetView for Windows cannot.  After 7.1.4 FixPack2 NetView for Windows WILL be able to receive and format SNMP V2 traps in just the same fashion as NetView for UNIX.

Would you be so kind as to send me the PMR number for the interaction with IBM support in which your colleague was given erroneous information so that I might set them straight?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

08/16/2004 05:23 PM
Please respond to

"'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] SNMP v2c

NV 7.1.3 / AIX 5.1

IBM support just told a peer that Netview can not accept v2c traps. He had support repeat it three times. Support said there is another process that converts v2c traps to a Netview acceptable format.

Can I, or can I not, have Netview load, accept, and process v2c SNMP traps without any modifications?

Cheers

Fawad Qureshi