RE: [nv-l] NV 7.1.3 FP3 install fails

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NV 7.1.3 FP3 install fails
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:54:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:07:16 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Well, I'm not sure what to tell you.
 I don't work on the installation piece and I've never seen a failure which ended in the simple word "Killed"

I presume you are running the correct backout script, the one that came with FP03.   If you've checked that, then all I can think of is to try it again.
It is a script after all, and you can always edit it to put in a "set -x"  as the first executable line, and it should trace to the window you run it in.
And you could then run it as
        ./backout   |  tee  <some_file_name>
so that you see the messages as are issued and they also get written to the file  so that it can be examined later or sent to someone else.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group