[nv-l] Netview Web Client Question

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Netview Web Client Question
From: "Duppong, Jason" <jason.duppong@thomson.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:15:59 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:16:39 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi,
I support a group of users that currently make use of the X Client for
various tasks.  From what I've been able to tell the Web Client would
provide nearly all features this group needs except for the ability to
independently acknowledge/unacknowledged events.  During testing I've
created separate logins to the web client as well as used the same logins
and nothing seems to allow us to independently respond to events.  When
someone uses the web client to acknowledge an event, all web clients update
with the acknowledgement as well as the Read/Write map.  If we acknowledge
the event on a read-only X client only that client is updated while the web
clients and the read/write map remain unchanged.  Based on the documentation
I've read, this makes sense since the web client uses the Read/Write map,
but I would think that since the Web Client is a separate application that
you can 'install' it would have the same or similar capabilities with
respect to the acknowledgement feature.

Anyone know if this is just an accepted limitation of the web client or is
there a backdoor modification one could do to get similar functionality with
the X client?

Thanks,
Jason