Re: [nv-l] Interface delete

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Interface delete
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:07:35 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 03:08:09 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Well, I've never seen that particular message. But the deletion of objects behaves this way:
Nodes are controlled by the 'Node down delete interval' set in 'Options.. SNMP configuration'.
That defaults to one week. I think most people prefer to delete things manually, though.
As for interfaces, they are either deleted during a configuration poll (or demandpoll) or they are not.
They are not deleted in the case where the entry for theSNMP sysObjectID for that device in the
oid_to_type file contains the S flag. This is so for many types of Cisco devices. In that case, you are
expected to delete it manually, or remove the flag.

Detroit

Per Lütkemeyer <pel@dmdata.dk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

10/21/2004 10:07 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Interface delete

Hi.

When does Netview (7.14 FP01 on Linux) discover that an interface has been deleted ?

If I delete a loopback interface on a cisco router and performs a demand poll on Netview, the following happens !

- the interface goes red and poll results says "Interface 10.179.101.24(Loopback1) is DOWN Communication prohibited by filtering"

Rgds

Per Lütkemeyer
Teamleader, Systems Management
DMdata a/s