Re: [nv-l] 7.1.4 Installation Directories

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] 7.1.4 Installation Directories
From: Albert Wong <igcawong@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:28:10 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
For /usr/lib NV places links, however for /usr/bin it
appears that NV places both links and files:

/usr/bin/dspmsg
/usr/bin/dumpmsg
/usr/bin/netview -> /usr/OV/bin/netview
/usr/bin/nv6000 -> /usr/OV/bin/netview
/usr/bin/odmdelete
/usr/bin/odmadd
/usr/bin/odmget
/usr/bin/rexec
/usr/bin/settrace -> /usr/OV/bin/settrace

I'll test with the Unix Admins their failover scripts
to source the NVEnvironment prior to starting up NV
and see if that will keep us from needing to sync
these /usr/bin files.

As always thanks for your information and perspective
in this matter!

Regards,
Albert Wong