RE: [nv-l] dot1dbridge

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] dot1dbridge
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:56:36 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:57:18 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Leslie, I’ve forwarded your question to our router guru.

The key difference is that ARP cache is a media layer mechanism for tying an IP address to a MAC address. What you are asking about is tying a bridge number to a MAC address i.e. this bridge has knowledge of this MAC address on this segment number. When he gives me an answer I’ll post it.