Re: [nv-l] rewrite of netview.rls ?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] rewrite of netview.rls ?
From: Steve Thornhill <steve_thornhill@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:24:49 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 14:25:22 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

We'd certainly be interested. Just about to migrate to 714 and TEC 39, so any extra tweaks would be nice.

Steve Thornhill - IBM CLS
Tivoli Team Leader
Int - 255104
Ext - 023 92 565104
Mob - 07843 375700
Email/Sametime - steve_thornhill@uk.ibm.com

Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

02/11/2004 08:15
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] rewrite of netview.rls ?

I have made a very small start by creating some event sequences for
interface down - router down - subnet unreachable - subnet service
impact. It's certainly not exhaustively tested but I will put them on
the NetView TUG site if people are interested?????

BTW - did anyone on the TEC 3.9 conference call receive either the
presentation or the tar bundle of samples?  I've received nothing yet.

Cheers,
Jane

Francois Le Hir wrote:

>I was at the Tivoli Support Technical Exchange about all the correlation
>predicates in Tec 3.9. I was wondering if anybody had considered rewriting
>the ruleset netview.rls that comes with TEC to take advantage of all the
>new available predicates. The default ruleset contain (in my opinion) lots
>of flaws and I was planning to rewrite a part of it anyway. Did somebody
>try to do that already ?
>
>Salutations, / Regards,
>
>Francois Le Hir
>Network Projects & Consulting Services