RE: [nv-l] Availability View in NetView for windows

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Availability View in NetView for windows
From: "Colin Mulkerrins" <Colin.Mulkerrins@anpost.ie>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:58:47 -0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:00:59 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Jane,

We log the router up and down events and run a perl script against the
log to calculate downtime for our routers.  It is not particularly
eloquent but more or less suits our needs (of course it would be nicer
if NetView could do it for us... But hey, that's why they pay us the big
bucks (if I keep saying it often enough it may come true :-)))

Regards

Colin Mulkerrins
Enterprise Systems Management
An Post