Re: [nv-l] TDW Database creation

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] TDW Database creation
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:50:48 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:51:27 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

The NetView warehouse database is a DB2 based database. Whether your database server is remote or local with respect to the NetView Server, you still need to have a DB2 instance created locally. It is the DB2 instance that controls where the databases (all of them) are stored, not the tdwdaemon GUI config panel or the underlying database schema scripts.

Optimization of the entire instance or individual databases can be performed after the database is created. What kind of optimization were you talking about that might need you to alter the database schema scripts ?

What exactly do you find limiting about the setup GUI ? What version of NetView are you using ? What platform ?

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl@us.ibm.com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

11/17/2004 10:16 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] TDW  Database creation

Greetings all,

  Have a question on the TDWDAEMON set up.

The GUI setup is very limiting in the creation of the Netview Operational database for TDW.   Is there a way that I can create the database myself and then start the tdwdaemon?

  Which schema and/or scripts are being called when the GUI executes.

The setup installs the database in the home directory of the db user.  There is no optimizing of the database.
We do not give much space in the home directory file structure, and we have specific file tructures for databases that we would like to use.

-Thank you

CHris Petrina

This electronic message contains information from MeadWestvaco
Corporation or subsidiary companies, which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s)
named. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify MeadWestvaco
immediately at postmaster@MeadWestvaco.com.