Re: [nv-l] MaximumCommunityNames Variable

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MaximumCommunityNames Variable
From: Ed Gunnet <gunnet@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:59:39 -0500
Cc: "'Nv-L (nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com)'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>, owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:00:19 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Did you stop THEN start netmon?  ovstart netmon issued to netmon if it's already running does nothing.

Regards,

Ed Gunnet
Product Development Support - NetView Product Integrity
Tivoli Systems - APPG Business Unit
Internet: gunnet@us.ibm.com
Phone:  919-224-2189

"Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik@pbsg.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

11/18/2004 01:21 PM
Please respond to

"'Nv-L (nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com)'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] MaximumCommunityNames Variable

AIX 5.2 NetView 7.1.4 FP2

I am trying to use the MaximumCommunityNames variable in netmon.conf. The
first time I entered the variable I misspelled it like this:

MaximunCommunityNames

When I restarted netmon I got an error message saying:

Unrecognized property, check spelling and case: MaximunCommunityNames=20

Understood.....I spelled it wrong.

So I changed netmon.conf to read:

MaximumCommunityNames=20

And restarted netmon. I still get the error:
Unrecognized property, check spelling and case: MaximunCommunityNames=20

Even though I have spelled it correctly this time.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott Bursik
PBSG