[nv-l] netmon won't start

To: "Netview - List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] netmon won't start
From: "D'Apice, Dominic" <D.D'Apice@SAQ.qc.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:10:03 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:11:51 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello all,

i got a error when i copy the /usr/OV/conf dir. from my production
server to my pre-production netview server when i ovstart my pre-
production server i got this :

----
 object manager name: netmon
 behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               FAILED
 PID:                 31714
 last message:        Can't talk to snmpd; see /usr/OV/log/netmon.trace for
info
 exit status:         -
----

Cannot communicate with SNMP Agent via loopback address (127.0.0.1); it is
either not running or has been configured with a community name different
from that configured into Tivoli NetView for this system. If a community
name has
been configured into the SNMP Agent, that community name must be configured
via xnmsnmpconf and /usr/OV/conf/ovsnmp.conf for address 127.0.0.1 as well
as for the hostname or IP address of this system.
Or, the /usr/OV/conf/snmpmib and /usr/OV/conf/snmpmib.bin files are
corrupted
and need to be rebuilt using the
Maintain->Rebuild MIB binary file with installation MIB defaults
option in NetView configuration menu

any idea what can be wrong ?

thanks
Dominic