[nv-l] NetView Data Base Component install

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] NetView Data Base Component install
From: SIXFC@pjm.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:10:31 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:11:29 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hello All,
        I'm running NV 7.1.3, FP03, which I installed outside the Framework. Now I want to add the database component and have been told it must be installed via the Framework, on a NetView that was also installed via the Framework. I've seen some discussion in the Archive about a technique to minimize this pain; take a backup, uninstall and re-install via Framework as an upgrade to preserve customizations, etc. There was also some comment indicating there may be problems with this technique.

        Does anyone know if there's a way to add the database component without totally removing NetView, doing a fresh install and re-doing the customizations? We've customized traps, maps, built rules and added function to some pull-downs. I sure would like to take this with us. Anything that would lessen the effort would be a help.

Thanks.
Chris Six
PJM Interconnection, llc