[nv-l] Maps in Read-Only mode

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Maps in Read-Only mode
From: "Vladan Milosevic" <vladan.milosevic@mobtel.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:07:31 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:08:21 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi all,

Me again. This was the problem which occured some time ago, and here it
is again. Yesterday, I have closed my X session (NetView before that as
well) and logged out. This morning I have started it, but the map could
be opened only in Read-Only mode. I have checked the permissions:

bash-2.05b# /usr/OV/bin/ovwls
-rw-rw-rw-  root  system  063
-rw-rw-rw-  root  system  default

Map location for distributed client machines.
Map Name     Hostname
--------     --------
default      tivoli.mobtel.co.yu
063          tivoli.mobtel.co.yu

As you can see, 063 is rw for everyone. No one else is on the system, I
have checked this a couple of times. I have restarted all NetView
daemons, but it is still Read-Only. When I get the Open map... Menu, all
maps are Read/Write...

Last time I had the same problem, and I just copied (save map as...) the
old map and stopped using it. Our local support guy could not help us
with this. It is not a big problem, but still,it could be really
annoying.

Yesterday we applied FP2, but I had worked on the map after that.

Our system:
AIX 5.2L
NetView 7.1.4 FP2

Thank you for any  ideas.