Re: [nv-l] Maps in Read-Only mode

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Maps in Read-Only mode
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:01:52 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:03:13 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Vladan,
Just to make sure you understand what is happening, netviewd actually opens its own map(read-write). This is so that if a map
is not open, the web clients can still function. Basically netviewd
holds a copy of the map in a virtual frame buffer so that it can
be viewed via the web service.

And don't worry, most everybody here had a large learning curve
when they first started with NetView. I know I did!

Paul

Vladan Milosevic wrote:

Hi all,

I have restarted all the daemons, netviewd also. You can see the output
od the ovtstaus bellow for netviewd, and the map is RO.

object manager name: netviewd
behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
state:               RUNNING
PID:                 17072
last message:        Initialization complete, opened map '063' as
Read-Write.
exit status:         -

But netview -dconsole worked fine. I do not know hows that possible,
since I am the only one who works on the machine. Probably, this is the
reason I did not try it, after all I have restarted all the daemons.

Many thanks to Paul and James for the tips, I am on a steep learning
curve (I hope that this is not at your expence).

Have a nice day,

Vladan Milosevic
Senior Engineer
IP Network and Services