[nv-l] Snmptrap command

Subject: [nv-l] Snmptrap command
From: "Brian W Green" <brian.green@cgi.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:56:08 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:56:41 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I am trying to simulate a trap using snmptrap, and I am having some
issues.

First, the enterprise - I have the enterprise I need defined in Netview
(it is in the list in the top window of xnmtrap), but I can't seem to
force the snmptrap command to use that enterprise.  When I use decimal
notation, it doesn't resolve correctly, and when I use the textual
representation, it errors out right away.

Second, the variables - is there a way to set these to use the same
values?  I can get the 2nd and 3rd parts (the type and value) but the
1st part is eluding me - same problem.

The enterprise I am using is a custom one for one of our services.  I am
governed by security rules so I can't release it.

Thanks for any help,

Brian

Brian W. Green
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
CGI Information Systems and Management Consulting
275 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5H9
(613) 234-2155