Re: [nv-l] Custom Layout in Java console

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Custom Layout in Java console
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:54:46 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:55:14 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I think that must mean that your java  console is not looking at the same map as you arranged. Do you have more than one map? Look under 'File..Open Map'. Read up on netviewd. If you have arranged the default map, and that map is up and running, either at the real console or by netviewd, then your java client should either get that map automatically, or be given a choice if there is more than one map running. You don't have to arrange it again for the java console, you just have to run that map somewhere and make the java console look at it.

Detroit

alejandro.gabay@reuters.com
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

12/03/2004 05:54 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Custom Layout in Java console

Hi All.
We are running Netview 7.1.4 FP2 on Solaris 8.
We have setup a custom layout for the root/home submap on the default map. When connecting to the NV server from a Java console the custom layout is gone.

Do you know if there is any way to display a custom layout of symbols on a Java Console?.

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay
Operations Supervisor, Argentina, Uruguay & Paraguay.
Reuters Ltd.

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.