Re: [nv-l] Authentication failures coming Netview

To: "NetView List \(E-mail\)" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Authentication failures coming Netview
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:48:48 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:51:26 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi.  I have lost your replies, so I'm replying to what I'm reading on the
archives.

To Mark Sklenarik:

Yes, the device looks good in the xnmsnmpconf view.

There is nothing else on this machine except Netview, so I doubt something else
is doing it, but I will take another look.

We do have /usr/OV/conf/communityNames.conf, and the strings being tried are
listed in that file.

No, it was not trying public.

I did the netmon -a 160 and 175 commands.  The device looks fine in that output.

snmpCollect is not collecting from anything.

To James Robin:

Yes, this is a Cisco router and we gave these lines in the config:

snmp-server community XXXXXXX RO 80
snmp-server community YYYYYYY RW 81
snmp-server host 162.131.23.89 public
snmp-server host 162.131.38.61 public

-----Message Disclaimer-----

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
reply email to Connect@principal.com and delete or destroy all copies of
the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from the
Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be retained
as required by law or regulation.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic signature
for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.