Re: [nv-l] SNMP walk fails on Win2003

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP walk fails on Win2003
From: free lancer <larrytechie@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:51:25 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:53:07 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Sorry Guys,
It was my mistake.. Had enabled for snmp request from localhost only.. This is solved. But I'm having same problem from XP. Any ideas why?
Larry

free lancer <larrytechie@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,
This is something wierd. I have setup new Win2003 server and configured SNMP settings in security and traps as well with custom community string. When i start & stop SNMP service, i get traps in Netview but when i do snmpwalk from Netview server, it just times out. i have checked in xnmsnmpconf -resolve hostname and it gives right name and community string. But other 2003 server work fine. Am i missing something here.
Many Thanks in Advance.
Larry

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?