[nv-l] Discovering networks without switches but with DHCP Nodes

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Discovering networks without switches but with DHCP Nodes
From: שי ו <gundulf@walla.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:25:31 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:25:46 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello everybody.
I am kind of new in NetView... And I need help. I hope someone could help me cause I looked for a solution in the mails archive of the list and did not find.
I have NetView 7.1.4 FP2 on Rad Hat Linux Advenced Server 2.1 .
The first problem is:
My netowrk is composed from about 10 worldwide site connected over VPN over the internet between firewalls, which basicly means that the gatways of all the sites are the FireWalls.
These FireWalls are not open for SNMP, not from the inside and not from the outside and this will not change. In most of my sites there are only ethernet switches and most of them cannot respond to SNMP. How can bridge all these obstacles and discover these networks fully and properly ?  right now only if I ping all the computers in the remote network they are being discovered.
The second problem is:
I have DHCP on all my sites and I need to discover them all and monitor most of them. I was told that in the Windows version of NetView there is a solution for that but I am looking for somthing for the Linux version.... right now the netview just adds new interfaces to a DHCP computer that it's ip was changed by the DHCP Server and the old one is down...  How can I solve it????

Thanks .
Camron.