Re: [nv-l] Command for Automatic Action OLD MAIL SENT

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Command for Automatic Action OLD MAIL SENT
From: "Jeffrey G. Fitzwater" <jfitz@Princeton.EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:13:47 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:14:25 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Paul wrote:

That sounds like sendmail, nvserverd is only going to process new traps, if the information is old, the mail is old. I would check for a hung queue or something.

Paul

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater wrote:

Netview 7.1.4 on Solarix 8

After I reset the host that NETVIEW runs on, Netview for some reason is sending (via email ) old trap information from 3 months ago, that was generated by a script run from an "ESE.automation" file. The script does have an "mail" command in it. It would not be too bad if it were only one EMAIL but it is about 100. I have no clue where this old data may be stored. This is the second time, so the data must be sitting in some file somewhere and gets read by some process after every HOST RESET. (NOT A RESET OF NETVIEW) not sure if that does it too.

No sure if its related to ovactiond or unix sendmail.

Any ideas would help.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University

Thanks Paul for the info. It looks like sendmail had a problem and never purged the old mail. The mail was from a previous time when the mail-server was down and netview executed the script.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University