[nv-l] using c_arf2srf

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] using c_arf2srf
From: <westphal2002@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:21:14 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:21:48 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello Everyone.
NV 7.1.4 and AIX 5.2 ML4

I added an SSH menu option under the Administer menu with some difficulty.

I updated the /usr/OV/registration/C/ovhpux/NNM-HPUX.rsam file to add a new
"Administer" menu option for SSH. Then I ran the ovw -verify command to check
syntax. And finally, I ran the c_arf2srf to register the menu with NetView
security. The menu entry was added to the
/usr/OV/security/C/Domains/registration/NNM-HPUX.rsam file but it was not added
to the NNM_HPUX.rsam files for each security group like SrAdmin and Oper.

I repeated this several times and I reset nvsecd in between each attempt.

So I manually updated each NNM-HPUX.rsam group file and it now works.

What this the correct method?

Thanks,
Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car