Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 FixPack 3

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 FixPack 3
From: syoung@westpac.com.au
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:51:08 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:54:21 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi George,

Yes. We use the web server to access html reports from our netview server. It was set up by someone else so I'm not sure exactly what customised files we had. The error message makes me think that the location of our files is no longer known, ie. wherever we had it configured has now been overwritten. (I'm not a web person so I'm only guessing). Also, I haven't been able to find this APAR no. in any of our release notes.

An example of one of the URLs we use is

http://nva:8080/ncs.html
which produces the 404 Error.

However http://nva:8080 works fine, ie. goes to the Netview (jetty) web site.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sue

George deSocio <desocio@us.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

02/24/2005 01:14 AM
Please respond to
nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 FixPack 3

Sue,

Are you using NetView's jetty web server for your own stuff?

We responded to a security vulnerability and changed the NotFoundHandler.class file.  Whether that would affect what you are doing, I don't know.  That was APAR IY43161.

Regards,
Geo.

George deSocio
IBM Americas Support - Distributed Network Management
Dept 46-E1ZA
IBM B660  CC109
HWY 54 & 600 Park Offices
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709

James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

02/22/2005 08:28 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 FixPack 3

I have no idea about this.
I don't even know what "Tivoli Netview [embedded] website" your are referring to is.
I suggest a call to Support.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
Inactive hide details for syoung@westpac.com.ausyoung@westpac.com.au
syoung@westpac.com.au
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

02/22/05 08:01 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

cc

Subject

[nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 FixPack 3

Hi James,

Do you know if there's anything in this Fixpack that could be causing the following problem that has occurred only since applying this upgrade.

We have scripts that produce status reports of devices that are being monitored by Netview. They are in the form of .html files on our Netview machine and we access them via Internet Explorer. The files definitely exist in the same location they always have, but we can no longer access them. The error message is:

HTTP ERROR: 404 not found

Could not find resource for /nms/ncs.html

RequestURL = /nms/ncs.html

However, we are still able to access the Tivoli Netview [embedded] website.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sue
Please consider our environment before printing this email.

WARNING - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please delete and inform us by return email. Because emails and attachments may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems, you must be cautious. Westpac cannot guarantee that what you receive is what we sent. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email by Westpac, please contact us immediately.

It is also important to check for viruses and defects before opening or using attachments. Westpac's liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

This email and its attachments are not intended to constitute any form of financial advice or recommendation of, or an offer to buy or offer to sell, any security. We recommend that you seek your own independent legal or financial advice before proceeding with any investment decision.

Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation and is a company registered in New South Wales in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). Westpac is authorised and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Services Authority and is registered at Cardiff in the United Kingdom as Branch No. BR 106. Westpac operates in the United States of America as a federally chartered branch, regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141.