Re: [nv-l] Web Console Ruleset

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Web Console Ruleset
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:41:36 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:42:13 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

No, I don't, unless you are saying that the Resolve function does not work at all in the web client. Rulesets in the web client are registered by a process called rectrap, and I am not aware whether or not it even recognizes what "resolve" means, as I don't work on that code specifically. But "resolve" is just a flag attached to the event itself. In the standard case, the event, with the resolve flag, is sent to nvevents, which basically has code to remove all copies of that event. If no resolved events are being removed, then it would be clear that rectrap does not support that function, though you'd probably have to open a problem to Support to get an official answer on that.

If only some events are not being resolved, then you could run an nvcorrd trace (nvcdebug -d all) and see what it tells you. But in the end it is up to the receiving process to actually remove the resolved events.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
Inactive hide details for alejandro.gabay@reuters.comalejandro.gabay@reuters.com

          alejandro.gabay@reuters.com
          Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

          02/23/2005 05:22 PM
          Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

cc

Subject

[nv-l] Web Console Ruleset

Dear All:
We are running Netview 7.1.4 FP2 on Solaris 8.
We have a rulest (quite complex) that works fine on a X console. But the same ruleset on the Java Client does not work as supposed (there are some resolve events that do not get resolved on the event window java console).

Does anyone know what migth be going wrong?.

B. Regadrs
Alejandro Gabay

       Visit our Internet site at
http://www.reuters.com

information and to register, visit
http://www.reuters.com/messaging

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

GIF image