[nv-l] Cisco CSS 1503 discovery

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Cisco CSS 1503 discovery
From: Francois Le Hir <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:15:17 -0500
Cc: Guylaine Lessard <lesguy01@ca.ibm.com>
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:16:02 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hello,

I am trying to discover some cisco content switch (Cisco CSS 1503) in
Netview but it appear that only the base addresses of the device are
discovered. Neither the vrrp or the virtual ip that are configured on the
device are seen by Netview. I checked in the snmp ipAddrTable and only the
base addresses are there. I was hoping that the ARP table or the "extended
interfaces table" (I don't know where is it in the mib) would let Netview
at least discover the vrrp addresses but apparently it doesn't work. Does
anybody have experience with this type of device in Netview ?

Thanks,
Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services