Re: [nv-l] MLM on Solaris

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MLM on Solaris
From: alejandro.gabay@reuters.com
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:30:25 -0300
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:33:27 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Abadir:
Installing MLM on Solaris is not a trivial task.
I kindly suggest to you to read a wonderful white paper wrote by Jane Curry
that explains very clear a precise how to make MLM on Solaris run.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg27002148&NotUpdateReferer=

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay

                      Abadir

                      Hany-O10544              To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'"
<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
                      <o10544@motorola.        cc:

                      com>                     Subject:  [nv-l] MLM on Solaris

                      Sent by:

                      owner-nv-l@lists.        Header:
             Internal Use Only
                      us.ibm.com

                      02/03/2005 15:12

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

I'm installing a new MLM and we have an issue with the security requirements
and therefore we cannot have snmpdx running on the MLM. However the snmpdx is
running in the existing MLMs

Is it possible that I can configure the MLM to talk to NetView server? When I
run  smconfig -h <MLM name>, the window came up but cannot load any of the
configuration tables and the error I got in the lower level window:

Discovering Tivoli NetView agent(s)...
WARNING: Tivoli NetView agent(s) not found.
Community name could be invalid for this Name
or IP Address.

Regards!
Hany Abadir

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit
http://www.reuters.com/productinfo

the views of Reuters Ltd.