Re: [nv-l] NetView Move

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView Move
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:30:50 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:31:27 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Yup - that's exactly what I am suggesting. I think this should work fine (but I have never done this exact combination of Op Sys / NetView upgrade). Please report back here if you have glitches or experience to pass on.

Cheers,
Jane

Mahesh Tailor wrote:

Jane,

Thanks for the information.

Since there is no upgrade path from RH2AS to RH3AS, I performed a new
install of RH3AS and Netview 7.1.4 fp2 on the new system.  It works
fine.

Now my problem is taking the 7.1.3 maps from the old machine to the new
system.  I am aware of the NV backup via serversetup, but am not sure of
whether I can take this backup and simply untar it on the new system. I
think what you are suggesting is:

1) Install RH3AS
2) Backup the old system
3) Untar onto the new system