Re: [nv-l] Netview / TEC co-existence

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview / TEC co-existence
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:23:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:23:35 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I do it (with the exception of ITM) and have for a long time but my environment is not a production environment under production loads. The point is, its works fine and my only concern would be the load on the box, especially if it is also going to be your Database Server ! I'm assuming we are talking UNIX though !!!

One thing to watch (and I'm not sure if this is still as issue) is the order in which TEC and NetView are started.

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl@us.ibm.com

ITIL Foundations Certified
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
       --Tivoli Data Warehouse v1.2
       --Tivoli Enterprise Console v3.8 Network Management

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Software
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/16/2005 05:08 PM
Please respond to

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Netview / TEC co-existence

I'm looking for a laundry list of pros and cons on running NetView on
the same machine as TEC / ITM / Framework

Can anyone provide some recommendations for or against?

Scott Barr
Systems Engineer
CSG Systems Inc.
402-431-7939