Re: [nv-l] Describe Interfaces

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Describe Interfaces
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:43:11 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:43:41 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Dave, when you say 'identified', do you mean in their Selection Name, or do you mean the label on graphical representation of the interface?
If you are talking about the Selection Name, that comes from the ifDescr mib variable. If they are snmp-capable, it gets added. If you are talking about the label on the gui, that is an all-or-nothing option for the map. On the top menu, pick Edit, modify/describe,map. In that dialog, select the ipmap application. One of the settings in there is for how the labels on interfaces will be displayed. Pick the one you want, then ok all the way out.

If this does not cover it, ask again.....

Detroit

reamd@Nationwide.com
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/28/2005 05:03 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Describe Interfaces

Hi All,
         Im currently running 7.1.4 FixPack2 on AIX 5.2...  During
discovery, all interfaces are identified with an IP address. How or what do
I change so that they are identified as FastEthernet or Vlan, ect....
Also, how do I force netview to use /etc/host for name resolution?  Do I
comment out  /etc/resolv.conf?

Thanks, Dave