Re: [nv-l] name resolution

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] name resolution
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:46:36 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:47:13 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

And for your second one, you want it to consult /etc/hosts before dns, right? So you can edit or create the file /etc/netsvc.conf and make that say
 'hosts=local,bind'
The 'bind' means it should consult whatever dns is defined in your /etc/resolv.conf only after it finds nothing in /etc/hosts.

Detroit

reamd@Nationwide.com
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/28/2005 05:03 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Describe Interfaces

Hi All,
         Im currently running 7.1.4 FixPack2 on AIX 5.2...  During
discovery, all interfaces are identified with an IP address. How or what do
I change so that they are identified as FastEthernet or Vlan, ect....
Also, how do I force netview to use /etc/host for name resolution?  Do I
comment out  /etc/resolv.conf?

Thanks, Dave