[nv-l] nvcorrd restarts

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] nvcorrd restarts
From: "Zoeckler, Eric A." <Eric.Zoeckler@us.ngrid.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:45:13 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:45:47 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
AIX 5.2 NV 7.1.4

On two occassions our NOC has seen a popup saying that nvcorrd daemon
has restarted.  When this happens the Events Display stops logging
events and they restart netview to resolve the problem.  I believe the
following error occurred each time.  Has anyone seen this before?
Thanks...Eric

IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP  T C RESOURCE_NAME  DESCRIPTION
A6DF45AA   0401120905 I O RMCdaemon      The daemon is started.

Resource Name:   RMCdaemon
Probable Causes: The Resource Monitoring and Control daemon has been
started.

User Causes
The startsrc -s ctrmc command has been executed or
the rmcctrl -s command has been executed.

        Recommended Actions
        Confirm that the daemon should be started.

Eric Zoeckler
IT/Analyst
Data Center Operations
National Grid USA

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National
Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to
this message and let the sender know.