RE: [nv-l] Cisco PIX Monitoring

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Cisco PIX Monitoring
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:34:26 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:34:57 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Sigh.  It seems that every time I point something out in the Release Notes
that I personally did not work on, it turns out there is a problem with it.
Well, I didn't work on Cisco Pix Firewall failover monitoring either, and
now there is an internal APAR (IY70015) for the fact that the pdf file,
/usr/OV/doc/PixFailoverReadme.pdf, while it is on the FixPack CDs, is not
being installed.

Here's how you can get it if you have the CD
UNIX :

Users who have the UNIX FixPack  can retrieve the file by simply typing:

$ zcat {FixPack} | tar -xvf - PixFailoverReadme.pdf.0

at the command line, where {FixPack} is the file containing the fix pack,
and then copying it over to the doc directory under its correct name.  For
example, if the user has the fix pack CD mounted on /mnt on an AIX box,
they can type

$zcat /mnt/7.1.4-TIV-NVD-AIX-FP0003.tar.Z |  tar -xvf -
PixFailoverReadme.pdf.0
$ mv PixFailoverReadme.pdf.0 /usr/OV/doc/PixFailoverReadme.pdf

Windows:

For Windows customers, its even easier - they simply have to execute the
fix pack executable as if they were going to install it, and the file
PixFailoverReadme.pdf.0 will be in the same directory as the install
script.  They can then copy or move it to the desired destination directory
in the same manner as for UNIX boxes.

If it does not answer all your questions, then feel free to ask them again.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group