RE: [nv-l] Permanently Ignore Interface?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Permanently Ignore Interface?
From: Javier Morate Guerrero <jmorate@carrefour.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:31:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:32:13 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
V714 fp02  AIX 5.1
      1 map

      Hi,

      By the configuration that we have of high availability, we have two
routers with some interface duplicated between them. If I unmanaged one,
when netmon tested in the other, the interface was transferred and managed.

      I removed the leading comment character of the following lines of the
netmon.conf file:

            # Set to TRUE to report duplicate IP addresses, don't remove
            them.
            NV_NETMON_REPORT_DUP_ADDRS_ONLY=TRUE

            # Set to TRUE to generate a duplicate event as in v5
            NV_NETMON_GENERATE_DUP_ADDR_EVENT=TRUE

      The interfaces are not transferred and either they are not managed.

       Un saludo,

Francisco Javier Morate Guerrero
Dpto. Gestión de Sistemas
Carrefour España