[nv-l] Switch Analyzer

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Switch Analyzer
From: usman.taokeer@s-iii.com
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 15:10:42 +0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 May 2005 11:09:26 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi,

Do we need to install all Fix Packs or can i simply install the FP3 and get all the functionality. I previously had NetView(Windows) with all FixPacks installed on it , i later installed Switch Analyzer on that it, was working fine. For some reason i had to un-install and re-install NetView, this time i only installed FP3 and switch analyzer on it. Now when i used the NetView Web Console, in the Menu "Layer-2" is missing. I am not able to View the Physical Topology of Layer-2 Devices. Prior to that it used to give a Nice Topology of all the Nodes connected to any Layer-2 Switch. Now this option is missing. I don't know if i need to install all the FixPacks for that or do i just need to enable that option from somewhere?? I am using NetView 7.1.4 for Windows.

~Usman.