[nv-l] RE: [nv-l] update process for MIB´s

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] RE: [nv-l] update process for MIB´s
From: "John Sobrinho" <john_sobrinho@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 20:06:38 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 May 2005 01:07:15 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
If you are only using netview to accept traps then no mib loading is
necessary.

The agent will send the trap, and you will then need to read through the
vendor's documentation, or the trap mib itself to determine the trap
contents.

Mib loading is necessary if you wish to use the mib browser that is built in
to netview, or to create custom polling applications either though netview
or custom scripting.

Any time you add new mibs, you should zip or tar your mib directory, and
after every few succesful loads re-acrchive it. As you may find that not all
mibs load nicely, and order of operation may matter.