[nv-l] NetView and TEC on same Win2K box

Subject: [nv-l] NetView and TEC on same Win2K box
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:10:50 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:12:06 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Windows 2000 system with TEC 3.9 Fixpack2 and NetView 7.1.4 Fixpack 2. Both systems use MS SQL databases on the same Win2K system.

Today we observed 2 breakages of TEC by doing things to NetView. When we installed NV 7.1.4 Fixpack 2 the tec RIM broke and lost contact with the MS SQL database. We lost TEC Server and Consoles.

Later we cleared the NetView databases and this stopped the TEC Server - it came back with a wstartesvr.

These should be completely independent databases! Anyone else seen this behaviour?

Cheers,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2005 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights