Re: [nv-l] NV sending events to 2 different TEC servers

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV sending events to 2 different TEC servers
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:50:58 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:51:22 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Mario,
The point of  my note was that there is no simple way to do this since TEC
does not support one adapter sending to two separate servers at the same
time.  Basically, then you have to create your own alternate adapter.   One
way would be like this.

You can have some events sent to one TEC server using a TEC ruleset as
usual.
And then you can have another ruleset running out of ESE.automation which
has an action node that calls a postemsg script you write to send to the
other TEC server.

HTH

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Mario Behring
             <mariobehring@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] NV sending events to 2
             06/01/2005 04:35          different TEC servers
             PM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

James,

Sorry about the adapter thing, I´ve expressed myself wrong ... this is a
AIX NV box and I need it to send events to two different TEC Servers based
on some criteria I choose.

Do u think I can make this work using NV rulesets ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mario