Re: [nv-l] Soliciting updates to trapd.conf, oid_to_type, snmp_mibs

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Soliciting updates to trapd.conf, oid_to_type, snmp_mibs
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:21:05 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 15:36:33 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
At 09:57 AM 02-06-05 -0400, you wrote:
Hello NetView users,

I've been asked by development to solicit  suggestions for updates to some
of the configuration files in NetView for possible inclusion in the next
release of NetView.

 I'm looking for suggestions for new traps to be added to trapd.conf,  new
entries in oid_to_type, and additional MIBs for inclusion in the
/usr/OV/snmp_mibs (\usr\ov\snmp_mibs)  directory.

James, I think shipping more MIBs is a very good idea but I think this directory should have more structure, to make it easier to find and put files.

e.g
snmp_mibs/ietf
snmp_mibs/enterprises

..

/enterprises/ibm
/enterprises/cisco
/enterprises/3com
/enterprises/nortel

etc

Perhaps there should also be a v1 vs v2 directory split

I cannot promise that your suggestions will be used, of course, only that
they will be considered.

Understood.

Thanks for your input.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group