Re: [nv-l] Soliciting updates to trapd.conf, oid_to_type, snmp_mibs

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Soliciting updates to trapd.conf, oid_to_type, snmp_mibs
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:18:16 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:18:37 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks, Joe.  I agree.  You are reading my mind.  I made the same
suggestion and the idea was well-received.  I'll be looking into how to
accomplish that, too.

The biggest issue to overcome is migration, from an unstructured to a
structured directory, without losing any customer additions.  And the
build-and-ship process for NetView is horribly complicated, having evolved
through many different incarnations (AIX-only filesets using installp,
Solaris tar files, Tivoli File Packets, Installshield on Windows) which
makes it  that much harder to change things structurally.  But I certainly
agree it should be done if we can figure out the best way, and they give me
the cycles to do it.

Thanks for your input.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group