RE: [nv-l] How to discover VPN & Remote Router?

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] How to discover VPN & Remote Router?
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn@pemcocorp.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:09:14 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:09:35 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Yes, you can manually add the object (something I've never actually had to do) but I've had issues similar to what you are explaining too (seed file still not discovering correctly)  In those cases, I run the utiliy "Resolve Database Inconsistencies" under NVSetup - Maintain.  Typically, I compress both IP and objects DBs when I do this too.  The only other "gotcha" I've found is the devices existing "somewhere" you don't expect (on another map, in a smartset, or hidden)  To guard against this, I do a Locate - Objects - by Attribute and use both hostname and IP address to verify it doesn't exists anywhere.  This little trick has bailed me out several times when the devices isn't showing up where I anticipate because it's in a smartset or on a different map.

Hope this helps,

Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
206-628-5770