RE: [nv-l] Trap vars ...

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Trap vars ...
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:19:40 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:20:56 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
And there are two sources for the contents of NetView traps in UNIX.  One
is the description in trapd.conf.  The Service traps were recently updated
via maintenance, so you should make sure you have the latest FixPack.
The other in Appendix  A of The NetView Administrator's Guide, which was
also recently updated.   The updates to the books will not be shipped until
the next full release, but you can find them here,

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/NetView7.1.4.html

On Windows, there is no trap description in trapd.conf, so you have to rely
on the published documentation.  Trap contents are documented in Appendix D
of the User's Guide.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Colin
             Mulkerrins"
             <Colin.Mulkerrins                                          To
             @anpost.ie>               <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             owner-nv-l@lists.
             us.ibm.com                                            Subject
                                       RE: [nv-l] Trap vars ...

             06/23/2005 08:49
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hey Bernhard,

The location of trap variables ($1, $2 etc) are dependent on the particular
trap.  An easy way to find which vars are which is to generate the trap
with the popup set to $* - this will list all the variables that the trap
generates.

Regs

Colin M.