Re: [nv-l] Unknown OID's

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Unknown OID's
From: reamd@Nationwide.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:19:29 -0400
Cc: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com, owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:20:19 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks Leslie,
                          Can you tell me if the step you just described is
found in any of the Tivoli manuals or if it is just learned through working
with the product? I am trying to put together a training manual of common
processes for future admin's and want to be able to say 'Look at this
manual' for a better description.

Thank you..

                   Leslie Clark
                   <lclark@us.i
                   bm.com>                                            From
                                         Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
                   Sent by:                                             To
                   owner-nv-l@l         nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                   ists.us.ibm.                                         cc
                   com
                                                                   Subject
                                        Re: [nv-l] Unknown OID's

                   07/05/2005
                   11:48 AM
                   Please
                   respond to
                   nv-l@lists.u
                   s.ibm.com

1) Add the vendor to /usr/OV/fields/C/ovw_fields if necessary.
2) Add an agent description to /usr/OV/fields/C/snmp_fields if necessary.
3) Run 'ovw -fields' if you change these files.
4) Update /usr/OV/con/oid_to_type.
5) Update /usr/OV/conf/C/oid_to_sym.
6) Delete and rediscover the node(s). All future nodes of this type will be
discovered properly.
7) Analyze the interface and address tables relative to the interfaces
drawn for the device. If these are not correct, other configuration steps
may be needed, such as flags in the oid_to_type file, or operands in the
seedfile.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

 reamd@Nationwide.com
 Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                                       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.c
 07/05/2005 11:17 AM                                   om
                                                                        cc

                   nv-l                                [nv-l] Unknown
                                                       OID's

Hi All,
         I created a smartset to collect OID's that netview does not know
about. It collected about 12 devices. My question is, where is it
documented on what to do with these? I know you need to add them to the
oid_to_type file, but I'm sure there is more to it.

Thanks,

AIX 7.1.4
AIX 5.1