Re: [nv-l] SNMP authentication error at the NV Server

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP authentication error at the NV Server
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:46:23 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:46:52 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Are they also "green squares" in the IP map itself?

If the objects have only green squares on the IP Map, then I would close
the map and reopen it, especially if it is open Read-only.

 If not, then the reason they are green squares in the smartset view is
that collmap, unlike ipmap, does not update smartset views with new
symbols, and at the time they were initially populated, the new symbol was
not yet created.    If you have the map open when the objects are
discovered, then you will see only the green square, because that is the
only symbol available for that object at that time.  This is not new
behavior.

Close the smartset view and reopen it.  If that doesn't fix the problem,
then close it again, and select that smartset, right click it, and proceed
to delete the symbol (not the object) with Edit-->Delete-->Symbol.  Collmap
will very soon re-draw the symbol though it will be blue because it has
never been opened.  Drill down into it, and the objects should then be
represented by the same icons as what's on the IP map.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Mario Behring
             <mariobehring@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] SNMP authentication
             07/06/2005 02:16          error at the NV Server
             PM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Thank you James.

Despite the fact that all community names in use in this environment were
typed into the communityName.conf file, and the default Smartsets are
being populated (Routers, Cisco Devices, Cisco Switches, etc.)correctly,
the devices are showing up as flat squares...

When accessing the object description, the information for vendor,
hardware, software and SNMPAgent are all correct.

Why the icons are showing like empty squares then ??

Thanks.

Mario

Yahoo! Mail