Re: [nv-l] Opening a web page (on a different server) via the web consol

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Opening a web page (on a different server) via the web console
From: Francois Le Hir <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:26:38 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:25:11 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Don,

You can configure a script like the sample below in the menu, to redirect
to another URL. In that example, on the same server where the script will
be running but on port 80 instead of the port 8080.

#! /bin/ksh

thewebhost=`hostname -s`
myurl="http://${thewebhost}.aircanada.ca/network/Maintenance.htm";
node=$1

echo "<html>"
echo "<head>"
echo "<meta http-equiv=\"Content-Type\" content=\"text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1\">"
echo "</head>"
echo "<script>"
echo "document.location = \"${myurl}?Node=${node}\";"
echo "</script>"
echo "</html>"

Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
Phone: (514) 964 2145

             don.turrentine@am
             south.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.         nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             07/14/2005 06:05          [nv-l] Opening a web page (on a
             PM                        different server) via the web
                                       console

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

I have been able to add commands to the web menu and execute them
successfully.  (I would still like to get rid of the unnecessary web page
but that is another issue.)  I would like to now open a browser window and
connect to another webserver via a menu item on the web console.  My
NetView server is AIX, all my web console clients are Windows 2000 or XP,
the mandated browser is IE 6.  I would like to allow users to open up a
connection to my Crystal Enterprise server to view reports.

---
Don Turrentine
BH-0302
AmSouth Bank