[nv-l] Sending events to TEC using postemsg

To: tme10@lists.us.ibm.com, NetView List <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Sending events to TEC using postemsg
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:39:34 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:41:10 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi list,

I have to send events to two different TEC servers from a single NetView
server. Different parts of the environment will be sending events to
different TEC Servers. I am building a netview ruleset to handle this. I
can use the NetView bundle integration with TEC to send to one of the
servers, but to send to the other one I will have to use the postemsg (or
postzmsg on TEC 3.9) to send the events.

No problem with the NV-TEC bundle integration, using the nvserverd daemon,
but I am having a hard time with the postemsg command...how can I actually
fill all the TEC slots and fields (hostname, adapter_host, severity, etc.)
using the postemsg ?

Thanks in advance.

Mario

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs