[nv-l] Re: [tme10] Sending events to TEC using postemsg

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>, <tme10@lists.us.ibm.com>, <mariobehring@yahoo.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Re: [tme10] Sending events to TEC using postemsg
From: "Jon Austin" <AUSTINJ@email.chop.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:29:52 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:31:08 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Sure. In the Netview ruleset, you either have two 'ends' to your rules
or one smart end..

example:
for TEC Server1 = use nvserverd configuration, and for those event have
then go through the ruleset and complete with 'forward'
for TEC Server2 = write a shell script that parses variables from
environment (or arguments) and calls the postemsg). These events go
through the ruleset and complete with 'inline action' that calls the
script.

The 'smart end' end would be use an 'inline action' and coding your
shell script to figure out which server to send to.

Jon Austin
Tivoli/Unix Administrator
Information Systems
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
austinj@email.chop.edu

>>> mariobehring@yahoo.com 7/28/2005 3:39 PM >>>
Hi list,

I have to send events to two different TEC servers from a single
NetView
server. Different parts of the environment will be sending events to
different TEC Servers. I am building a netview ruleset to handle this.
can use the NetView bundle integration with TEC to send to one of the
servers, but to send to the other one I will have to use the postemsg
(or
postzmsg on TEC 3.9) to send the events.

No problem with the NV-TEC bundle integration, using the nvserverd
daemon,
but I am having a hard time with the postemsg command...how can I
actually
fill all the TEC slots and fields (hostname, adapter_host, severity,
etc.)
using the postemsg ?

Thanks in advance.

Mario