[nv-l] NetView installation with a local firewall

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] NetView installation with a local firewall
From: "Mario Beck" <mario.beck@netformat.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:30:41 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:31:37 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi all,

is there a way to link the NetView installation to the loopback interface?

background:
We?d like to run NetView in a secured environment. The NetView machine has
a local firewall. The tcp/udp-ports from the Release Notes are open.

If I start the GUI I have no icons like IP Internet, Smartsets. The
firewall log has entries for denied connections at high ports (e.g.
tcp/33260 to tcp/33259). If the firewall is deactivated everything runs
fine.

environment:
- RedHat AS 3.0
- NetView 7.1.4 FP3