[nv-l] cisco_link_down and status polling

Subject: [nv-l] cisco_link_down and status polling
From: "Alaa Farrag" <alaahelmy1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 16:12:19 +0300
Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 14:14:54 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi,

Is there any special action the netview takes when it receives a cisco_link_down or a cisco_link_up trap (status polling)?

I found the following old post by Leslie Clark:
" Netview does not automatically do anything other than report, via the
Events Display, unsolicited traps from devices in the network. You are free to customize those traps and do what you think is best."

I would like to know if this is valid uptill now?

Best regards,
Alaa Farrag