Re: [nv-l] Re: [tme10] NV714 - nvserverd error when trying to send event

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Re: [tme10] NV714 - nvserverd error when trying to send events to TEC
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:46:47 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 01:51:46 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cause?

Note that this is NOT the ed_diag_config trace I talked about before.  This
is much more narrow.
What you are tracing here is just the State Correlation Engine (the SCE or
ZCE as it was known internally) part of the TEC library, not the adapter
itself, and the SCE may be dropping events that it does not have any rules
for.  I cannot say for certain since that is internal TEC code and not part
of NetView.  If you are concerned about it, then you'll have to talk to TEC
Support.

The way to see whether events are being dropped and not sent to TEC is to
get an nvserverd.log, by uncommenting
# NvserverdTraceTecEvents=YES in the tecint.conf file.  This gives you a
concise list of every event that nvserverd gave to the TEC library code,
before it was processed and sent.  Compare that to a wtdumprl from the TEC
server for the same period of time.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group