[nv-l] Possible corrupt value_info.pag file

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Possible corrupt value_info.pag file
From: "Van Order, Drew \(US - Hermitage\)" <dvanorder@deloitte.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 06:54:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:56:59 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Morning all,

Has anyone encountered a tar 'reached end of file before expected' error when trying to backup any of the ovwdb files? Server is AIX 5.2/NV 7.1.4 FP02. The page file is 850 MB, the corresponding .ovf overflow file is 1.8 GB. I was able to cp -R the directory structure to another location; I have a newly created NetView FP03 server available for use troubleshooting and compressing. NetView itself is running without errors as far as I can see, just can't back it up. Opened a sev 2 PMR last night.

I've never dug into the databases before and am looking at the Configuration Guide now. I searched the archives and didn't find much on this topic. Should my first step be to restore the database to the new NV instance and try compressing?

Thanks--Drew

Drew Van Order
Information Technology Services
Deloitte Services LP
Tel: +1 615 882 7836
www.deloitte.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]