Re: [nv-l] Ruleset using postemsg to send TEC events

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Ruleset using postemsg to send TEC events
From: "Jon Austin" <AUSTINJ@email.chop.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:13:04 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:15:36 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
/usr/OV/conf/ESE.automation.

Its a good thing.........

Jon Austin
Tivoli/Unix Administrator
Information Systems
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

austinj@email.chop.edu

>>> mariobehring@yahoo.com 8/31/2005 1:35 PM >>>
Hi list,

I have a NV ruleset that calls an "Action" that executes a script and
uses
the "postemsg" command to send events to a TEC Server.

I usually create a "Dynamic Workspace" and use this ruleset as the
"Correlation Rule" so that I can see the events that pass through this
rule. However, when I close this workspace, the events stop getting to
TEC. Is there any way to use this ruleset to send events to TEC
without
having to open a Workspace everytime ? And without having to keep the
Control Desk opened as well ??

Please advise.

Thanks.

Mario